Sunday 30 June 2013

Training Hard

I have just completed my 16th week of training and whilst some days it is so difficult to get my butt out the door for a run or ride and out of bed at 5.15 am  for a swim.

I plan on keeping this blog updated with my daily trials, tribulations and joys of pushing myself.

Ironman Wales 2013.  I got in by chance or fate, either way I'm in and need to train consistently and remain focussed if I am to complete the mammoth task.

I am an average swimmer, cyclist and less that average runner, so to dive in at the deep end has been described by some as madness.
But those of you that know me, know that I am not one to turn my back on a challenge. 
Inspired by some amazing people I met whilst cycling in Africa, I knew I wanted to do something to really test me.  Hence the Ironman challenge.

It is testing me already, physically and mentally, as time is going on its getting tougher as the training is getting more demanding which in turn tests my mental attitude.

I am doing this for myself but am using it as a platform to raise money for Macmillan Cancer Support, in memory of my Mum Patsy. She died from Cancer almost 23 years ago and since then I have raised just over £10 000.00 for Macmillan.

Please feel free to visit my "justgiving" web page to donate  http://www.justgiving.com/IronmanLucky1   
or donate using your mobile my texting
Iman47 £2  or any amount to 70070

No comments:

Post a Comment