Thursday 5 September 2013

Nearly there!

Thursday 5th September 2013.
I gave Wednesday a miss as I felt so very tired when I got up and my limbs felt like lead.  In fact as the day went on I felt worse, my head was thumping and my throat was sore.  I had awful visions of getting a cold.  So I ate loads of healthy food, lots of fluids and had an early night.
I felt just fine this morning.  I went for a short ride and run and then enjoyed a salad in the sun.
I was almost taken out by a driver again on a round about.  The driver just did not see me, even though she almost hit me.  She is still blissfully unaware that she almost ended my dream.  Lucky for me, I was able to take evasive action.
This afternoon I spent ages sorting out what I need to take.  Wetsuit, tri suit, helmet, cycling shoes, running shoes, race belt, blah blah blah.  I will pack tonight and set off to Tenby tomorrow morning.  I want to get there early enough to check into my B&B and register so I can go for a sea swim in the afternoon.
I am filled with fear and trepidation about Sunday. I know I need to trust my training.  I've worked really hard for 6 months and should be fine.
It will be an emotional day too in respect of my Mother.  Sunday will be the last day that I am ever the same age as my Mother.  She passed away 30 days before her 48th birthday and it will be 30 days before my 48th on Sunday.  When the going gets tough, as I know it will, I will think of my beautiful courageous Mum. 
I can hardly believe its here, after all the weeks of training.  Running and riding in rain, hail, high winds and baking sun, getting up early to go swimming.
And now the privilege of lining up at the start with super fit professional athletes from around the globe.
I have had such encouragement from family and friends its humbling.
More than 20 years ago I used to dream of doing a big triathlon. Never give up on your dreams hey!




No comments:

Post a Comment