Tuesday 3 September 2013

Last week before the big day

It felt odd riding for just two hours on Saturday and running just an hour on Sunday.  But that's what the training programme dictated.  This is taper week.  Monday was a rest day and I was in the pool first thing this morning, Tuesday 3rd Sept 2013.  I swam 3km and felt good.  I mixed it up as usual and even threw in 100 metres of butterfly just because I could.
At lunch time I went and had my neck and back worked on as it has been playing up and I have been in a lot of pain for the last few days.
Andy is brilliant with his hands and although I am sore from the massage, I know it will feel much better in a couple of days.
I went for a short run this evening and had a damn good stretch afterwards.
I have been watching You Tube clips from last years Ironman Wales and whilst it is inspiring me it is also scaring the hell out of me.  I have taken on such a massive challenge and really don't want to fail!  I will stick to my game plan and hope for the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment