Friday 6 September 2013

Tenby

I arrived in Tenby in good time. So many emotions ran through my head in the way over. Happiness, excitement, sadness.... I thought of my Mum a lot and actually laughed out loud when I thought of her seeing me running in my Superwoman thong. She would howl with laughter at that.
I found a parking and headed for registration, it was very well set up but I'm too tired to go into detail now. I got what I needed then drove to my B&B . I quickly unpacked and headed back to Tenby for a swim. The B&B is fab!
Parked and headed for the beach. As I walked down the long ramp I realised I forgot my swim cap and its compulsory. I passed two ladies donning their wetsuits and asked if they had a spare cap. They did and gave it to me gladly. Phew! I stripped off and struggled into my wetsuit.
A quick briefing waterside and I was off. The water was choppy and it took me several minutes to get into a rythym. I stopped a few times and took my goggles off and put them back on, just to practice in case they get kicked or hit off on the swim. I did two loops of the practice course which was just over a mile. I felt really good and happy to be in the sea. Afterward I went into town and had a pasta dish. Met fellow competitors and chatted away. Then went to the race briefing at 5pm, and afterwards met up with my friend David at the Pasta party. It was great to see him.
Now back in my room I have looked again at the briefing pack and I am shattered and oddly enough feeling hungry, but I think that is nerves.









- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment