Tuesday 20 August 2013

Start of a new week


Tuesday 20th August 2013
After the nightmare of last week, I am happy to report I am back! 
I rested yesterday, just did some stretching to ease the still slightly sore legs.
Today I was in the pool at 06.45am.  I did 100 lengths, mixing it up with a variety of sets of legs only arms only, one arm only and so on.
While I was going up and down the pool my mind kept wandering to my Mum and the last time we were in a pool together.  It was such a long time ago and I remember it so well.  I remember laughing at her reaction when I splashed her.  I felt myself smiling whilst reliving the moment.  We had so much fun.
That was followed by a hectic and trying day at work. 
This evening I warmed up and stretched well before my run.  I left the house and felt really good, I took a route that would have me taking in some short and long climbs.  Unfortunately that meant I had a few down hills.  I would rather not have to run down hill, its too harsh on my knees.
I ran for an hour and covered almost 6 miles.  I felt great all the way despite a slight pain in the right ham string and left knee. 
Once back home I did lots of stretching again to get shot of the pains.
I feel happy again that I am back on track.



Profile of the run





Run route



No comments:

Post a Comment