Sunday 25 August 2013

Sundays run

Sunday  25th August 2013

After yesterdays epic ride, I was still shattered this morning.  I had a long lie in and to my disappointment my heart rate was very high.  I'd clearly overdone it yesterday.
I pottered around cleaning and sorting stuff out and as the day went on I began to feel a little better but still really didn't feel up to a long run.  I just couldn't make my mind up about what to do.
I was feeling a bit shaky so I had a gel and then got distracted by something or other and decided to give the run a miss.  I remembered I'd had a gel and that brought me back to focus on my objective.
I got changed and mixed a drink to take with me.  Then I decided I would go for a 20 minute run only. It had already gone 7pm and Id left it late.
I left the drink and headed off.  After no more than ten steps I stopped.  What the hell was I thinking, 20 minute run my arse!!  I went back, picked up my drink and set off again.  If I felt ok I would run more than 20 minutes.  And so began a 90 minute run and it felt good.  I took a different route and tried to keep a consistent pace. 
I loved every minute of the run, funny that considering how much I hate some runs.
My left ankle was hurting a little from old ligament damage but I didn't mind.
My heart rate monitor went nuts and was reading 220 at times. 
Once home, a bit of stretching, shower and food followed by ice on my sore ankle.

I am so pleased that I eventually made the right decision about the run.
Talk about indecisive though!

Now the run wasn't as long as it should have been but it was a quality run so I am happy with that.
Today in a fortnight I will be running the big event.

No comments:

Post a Comment