Wednesday 24 July 2013

Back to training after the Half Ironman

Wednesday the 24th July.
I took Tuesday off from training.  For once I was listening to my body, I was still very tired from Sundays event. 
By today my body felt much better but the same could not be said for my mental condition.  I was still feeling the effects of the emotional rollercoaster I had been on and still feeling anxious about the big event in 6 weeks time.
I wasn't too keen on getting out on the bike or running.
As soon as I got home from work I fed my lovely cats and got changed for the training session.  It wasn't to be a difficult session, a short ride followed immediately by a short run.  As I got ready the dark clouds above were looking ominous and it began to spot with rain.  I had visions of getting stormed on.
I rode for 10 miles and found it surprisingly ok,  there were a couple of short steep climbs and I stomped up those out of the saddle.  The clouds never did open up on me.
Within 42 minutes I was back home. I quickly locked my bike up in the garage, changed shoes and went off for the run.  I chose a route that had me running uphill as that will help me the most.  It took at least 3 minutes for my legs to feel like they were my own.  It was quite surreal, my body was moving forwards but I had little sensation of my legs.  I never felt like that before, it must have been the effects of Sunday still.  After a while they felt ok.  I only ran a short 1.8 mile loop as dictated by my training programme.






Above shows the bike ride







Above shows the run

No comments:

Post a Comment